Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What a Cheater

1 Chronicles 14:13-17 (NIV)
13 Once more the Philistines raided the valley;
14 so David inquired of God again, and God answered him, "Do not go straight up, but circle around them and attack them in front of the balsam trees.
15 As soon as you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the balsam trees, move out to battle, because that will mean God has gone out in front of you to strike the Philistine army."
16 So David did as God commanded him, and they struck down the Philistine army, all the way from Gibeon to Gezer.
17 So David's fame spread throughout every land, and the LORD made all the nations fear him.





What a cheater.  I am serious...the Philistines made a totally fair tactical move in attacking, and David decided that he was too good for the most basic rules of dignified warfare.  "so David inquired of God"...I MEAN COME ON.

Um, Mr. Teacher, um...I don't know the answer this question on the test, could you just tell me?


What nerve.  I know David killed Goliath and all but that does not give him the right to be so darn arrogant.  And the worst part is that God TOLD HIM.  God gave David a test to measure his abilities and then just totally caves the first time that David asks for assistance because the situation seems a little "difficult".  God should not facilitate such behavior.  David needed to learn that he could not just come crawling back to God EVERY TIME some foreign power came to destroy his people and family.  Where is the lesson learning?  Tough love?  How is David supposed to work on his battle strategies if God just tells him what to do every time?

Heavenly Daddy's Boy.

It just is not fair.  The rest of us have to go through life without "answers".  We just have to guess if what we are doing is right.  There is no "Almighty Omnipotent Creator" for us to run to whenever life gets hard.  NOOOO...we HAVE to do it OURSELVES.

But I am glad.  I am so much more independent and free and in control.  I can totally take all the credit for all  my achievements and successes because I did with my own two hands.  Sure, I may be more lost at times than "Mr. I Have God to Help Me Out", but I call those learning experiences.  All those emotionally, mentally, and physically scarring experiences just teach me how view and handle the world.  They show people that I AM TOUGH AND STRONG.  I DO NOT NEED ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE I CAN DO IT BY MYSELF...I can do it by myself...I am fine.............I do not need anyone..................I am free..........


Mr. Teacher.....can I have some help?  I do not know how to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment