Monday, April 22, 2013

Paradoxicalness

It is sort of confusing.

I was once an engineering major looking towards a career as a design engineer with a Research and Development department.  Two years later, I was called by God to minister to youth.  I was then an engineering major looking for a youth pastor job with a distaste for my previous engineering dream.  Two years later, I turned down a youth pastor job and accepted a design engineering job with a Research and Development department.

Poop.

Welcome to my paradoxicalness.

Now one may ask, what would make a fairly sane (go with me) man with above average intelligence in his early twenties to live with such reckless abandon?

God.

Yes...God.

God made me do this sort of crazy life choices...and the funny thing is that I am okay with it.

You may say, "Stephen, you have been jerked around like a rag doll and made to make such idiotic life decisions.  Why are you okay with this?"

Because I'm a dude...and He is God.

(Awkward Silence)

"So you just summed up the explanation for the activities of the last four years of your life with: 'Because I'm a dude...and He is God'?"

Yup.

"Really?  All the major decisions in your life...dude...God?"

Yup.

"Sure?"

Yup.

"Alright."


11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.                                Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment