Saturday, July 13, 2013

Freedom Verse

Why is it that we never ask God what He would want from our life?
Instead we toil day after day in the meaningless pursuits like those of a fife.
Everyday we try to claim another piece of this world for ourselves, a continuous struggle,
But in the end we just end up as another muggle.
Part Christian and part worldly man and thus missing the point,
For a man that is only part Christian, is no Christian at all, not a single joint.
It is absolute dedication that our Heavenly Father demands from us,
Our heart, our soul, our successes, and our failures…this is not a band wagon or party bus.
Galations 2:20 says that it is no longer I who lives but Christ that lives through me,
It is the very abandonment of self identity that will actually set you free.
Free from  bondage and worry and helplessness and doubt and eternity in isolation,
The opportunity to live in unison with the very ruler of this entire population.
I have never really been excited about living forever in heaven,
Singing in robes and floating on clouds forever is as thrilling as bread without leaven.
But while I may not be amped for what I know about the above,
I am ready to live in eternity with the One Holy Dove.
Because I know the joy and peace and love that resides in me and my soul,
If heaven is the source of this goodness, I don’t want just part, I want the whole.
The song says that there is power in the blood of Jesus Christ the Lord,
It is that power that allows smile each day and not slam my head against a board.
God saved you and me.  He saved us through the abandonment of Himself, His Son,
Don’t you think that He deserves credit for everything that we have ever done?
My heart is my testimony for the reason that I died to live in service of Jesus,

What is your reason?  But please don’t keep it just between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment